Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Blown Away

Hey Everyone,

First I wanted to say Happy Father's Day! I spent mine with my family and we had a good evening. I cooked dinner and it was really sweet. We bought my dad a cookie that said # 1 Dad, and he really enjoyed himself. Now, to the book. So I finished Fifty Shades of Grey and I now understand why the author wrote a trilogy because, this book definitely leaves you wanting more. I have fallen in love with this book, it was amazing. I finally reached the sex in the book lol, and honestly, it was HOT. The first time Ana and Christian consummate their relationship is a definite page turner. What attracts me to the book the most is, even though the sexual acts in the book are really graphic, the author doesn't make it raunchy. Her word choice is some what classy, so much so that she never says the words "penis" or "vagina". The reason why that's relevant to me is, the sexual relationships that Mr. Grey has had in the past, "the fifteen", have all been non-emotional relationships where he has some what objectified women, or at least used them for his total pleasure. He's even had these past women sign contracts so they are legally bound to doing all that he asks on his terms. When Ana comes into the situation, however it is very clear that she is nothing like any of the previous women he's dealt with before. In understanding that, to describe their sex acts using the scientific terms of their body parts, in my opinion would have taken away from how special Ana. When the two of them are together, Ana is more than a vagina and Christian is more than a penis. When they have sex, its very passionate, its love making, even though they aren't always having "vanilla sex", or "sex without toys or added extras."

One of my favorite parts of the book is the emails between Christian and Ana, its funny to read their interactions via email, and how Ana, comes to terms with their agreement, it's funny and a little sweet. The emails show how spunky Ana is, even though she doesn't seem to think so.


I love this book, and if I have to rate this book based on stars with 5 being the max, i would rate this book a five. The story is amazing and it really does live up to the reputation that its received. The book is good without the sex. The sex simply enhances the story, it makes you look at Christian as a human being oddly enough. Because without his sexual preference, he would be seen as perfect and we all know that no one is perfect. His taste in sex humanizes him, because without out it, he a filthy rich guy who starts dating the girl who's virginity he takes and they both fall in love, and that would have been an unlikely story. The book is very easy to get through, it's a quick page turner, its not the type of book that you would need to force yourself to read to get into. Your grabbed within the first 10 pages.  As I've previously said the book is the first of a triology, the other two titles are Fifty Shades Darker, and Fifty Shades Freed.  I do plan on reading the next two books, because this one really blew me away. The author doesn't have any other  books at the moment, but I will be waiting patiently for anything else she releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment