Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bared to You Introduction

Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry I have disappeared for an extended period of time. I was in the process of getting ready to head back to school and then I had to move in. In my time away, I have completed 3 books. I finished the Fifty Shades Trilogy, Jane Austin Ruined My Life, and The White Queen. All of which were great books and I will be posting reviews of soon. But after reading those books, I was on a Fifty Shades high and I wasn't quite ready to come down just yet. So I decided to look into books just like Fifty Shades, and in doing so I stumbled across Bared to You, by Sylvia Day. This is another book that I have been reading on my iPad and honestly, I'm warming up to the idea of not having a hard copy, it just bothers me when it dies and I'm no where near a charger. On to the specs of the book. The book is 357 pages long and the main characters are Eva, and Gideon Cross. Currently I'm on page 220. I immediately noticed a difference in the writing of this book. The things that i raved about in Fifty Shades were the same things that turned me off about this book. The story line is similar, but this books is something I consider raunchy. Now if your into raunchy sex books then this is the book for. I however, am a stickler for language. I love reading a book and having the ability to understand and picture whats being done without reading direct language and the language in this novel is very direct. Eva and Gideon meet for the first time when he picks up up off the floor of his office building after she helps another woman pick up her dropped change and the moment they lay eyes on one another, Eva feels an immediate sexual attraction. She expresses these feelings to her bisexual, male model roommate. Never did she imagine she would actually get the opportunity to date and have relations with this man, but it wouldn't be a story unless these two characters connect. In the long run they begin a relationship and cross many obstacles, including her admission of a dark incident that occurred in her past, and her visually seeing his. So far this book is frustrating me. I like the story line, but reading this after Fifty Shades you can tell the writing is rushed. I'm trying my hardest to finish this book while remaining as object as possible, but its very hard. I'll post my final thoughts as soon as I've finished reading.  Have a Great Day

No comments:

Post a Comment